Sunday, September 18, 2011

Presenting Niki & the Dove

"a band who you felt could knock off a chart-pop stunner with ease if only they could be bothered. Luckily for us, they clearly can't."



I like music. Have you noticed? Recently, I have been liking Niki and the Dove. Another beauty of a group to come from the Scandinavian north, Niki and the Dove follow on from other successful acts like Abba, Robyn, Lykke Li, Oh Land, The Knife, The Hives, The Cardigans, Peter, Bjorn and John and the Shout Out Louds.

They are actually a duo consisting of Malin Dahlstrom and Gustaf Karlof and their debut alum, "The Fox", has just been released. Considering that they have only been together a year and a half, I'm quite amazed at how set and structured and full their sound is already. If I had to categorize their sound, I'd estimate at influences from bands like Beach House and Kate Bush but a mix of current female artists like;




Sure, I'll shut up now and leave you decide for yourself. But I'm predicting big things for them. Pay particular attention to "Winterheart" and "Gentle Roar [Mylo Remix]". Over and out.





S

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...