Friday, July 1, 2011

Auditory Pleasure #4: Boy and Bear


Australia has a pretty good track record for some musical gems, both long-lasting, fleeting, cheesy and emerging; Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Wolfmother, Cut Copy, The Middle East, John Butler Trio, AC/DC, Men at Work, Tame Impala, The Presets, British India, Empire of the Sun, PNAU, Gypsy and the Cat, Little Red, Lisa Mitchell, the list goes on. I'm going to include Savage Garden in this list because you can't but not hum at least to "Truly Madly Deeply". I defy thee. 
So please welcome Boy and Bear. I first heard them about 6 months ago with the above track which makes me think of "Where the Wild Things Are" and "The Lost Boys" simultaneously. These lads are from Sydney, OS-TROL-IA. I've a wide taste in music but I'm a sucker for choral harmonies [alá Fleet Foxes], pianos and acoustic guitars. It's music that requires no effort to listen to and enjoy, yet isn't painful tripe about mundane routines and summer holidays and love. There's thought behind the lyrics. Boy and Bear have toured with Angus and Julia Stone, Mumford and Sons, Hungary Kids of Hungary [fellow Aussies] and Laura Marling. I don't drink tea but if I did, they'd all be in my cup. Enjoy.

P.S. Also a sucker for soft colour tones and costumes so you get TWO videos. 

P.P.S. Promise to post something with a bit more of a kick in it next time. Also want to hear the girls' choices. Don't be shy now!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...