Thursday, June 30, 2011

Snaps and Sunscreen
















My dog Bart, "mind the fucking gap" - London, a very frosty Limerick morning, our meggers praising the lord above, that's what I call a true Irish cornershop, welcome to my uni, a real Argentinian asado, central Madrid,  a sunset at home, jumping with friends in Madrid, squiggly crowd, these shoes were made for bowling, one of those weird anomolies that turn out to be amazing photos, step one of leaving home, watermelon, whose size is yet to be equaled.

S

P.S. We all love Megan and she is most certainly not alone in her panic. I was near having a heart attack before I went to Argentina and spent my first week with my host family teary-eyed and pining for home. With less than 7 days left here, I feel silly for having wishing any of the time away.

It's a natural feeling and it's part of growing up, which isn't very nice and is most certainly not easy. These are my words of advice. 
In the words of Baz Luhrman's "Sunscreen",  

"Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum...".

Wise words. I highly recommend that you turn off the lights, close your door, sit on your bed and listen very carefully to this advice. It'll make you feel a whole lot better. Believe me. It's a tried and tested method of remembering the good things.



Peace Up! A Town Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...