Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No "audrey" woman...


"She held herself very straight, like Audrey Hepburn, whom all women idolize and men never think about." — Jeffrey Eugenides (The Virgin Suicides)

Audrey Hepburn is somebody that I truly admire. I’ve been semi-obsessed with her for quite a while now, and I think I will be for a very long time. If I could pick any person to be for a day, dead or alive, I would pick Audrey Hepburn.  She was flawlessly beautiful, elegant and graceful and she seemed like the most genuinely lovely and amazing person who ever lived. I've watched every interview with her on youtube and loads of documentaries. I *wish* I was more like her, but alas I am clumsy and I have terrible posture.



My favourite film of all time is Roman Holiday where she starred alongside Gregory Peck. I love Gregory Peck too, what a gentleman.


This is my favourite scene. It wasn’t in the script, Gregory had planned to scare Audrey and it worked!
(I can only find it in Spanish and Italian on youtube...but you get the idea.)



She even had a pet deer? What more like??
 
Audrey with Ip...
 
...and with her love, Mel Ferrer

Her work with UNICEF was tremendous and I hope that the work that she did for thousands of children is never, ever forgotten. I reckon if everybody was like Audrey Hepburn the world would be an incredibly lovely place all the time.





She died far too young, aged 63, of cancer. Today is her Birthday.

 M xo

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise to enter here and see Audrey Hepburn! Every single night I have seen one movie with her (and my fiancé is seeing with me at the same time: he in Italy and I in Brazil). It's a gread way to spend the time "together"! Very inspiring!

    Beijos a todos, continuarei vendo o blog!

    Cris (http://ilpiccolomondodicri.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this post! I have Breakfast At Tiffany's on dvd and I love how quirky she is. Definite brilliance!

    Stop by my blog some time at http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...