Saturday, March 16, 2013

My head told my heart...





When I find myself with some spare change at the bottom of my bag after bills/ rent/ food/ bus fare have been paid for I don't usually spend it on clothes or necessities I've been in need of for weeks, it's not a deep, meaningful, philosophical motivation but I tend to spend it on books.
When I visit a place I like to pick up a book, and by dating and noting it's point of purchase it becomes my souvenir of choice.


When I see a mountain of books in a second hand shop, I basically have to buy one or my mind won't let me sleep for a few days.




 So today when I passed by the red cross store after spending all morning in the bank I popped in and added to the growing pile of yet to be read books on my windowsill.

I've heard such mixed reviews of On The Road that I've never forked out full price for it, but for less than 2 pounds I was quite happy to pick it up. And then when I opened it to write my usual date etc I spotted this little charmer, and in French! I was only weak for it...

I love a good story. I wonder what the story behind this is? And why whoever owned it was okay with parting with it when it was given to them originally with love.. and whether they gave it away forgetting where they had gotten it! or if it was time to let this old love go..

I just really want to know. Like, really.




C
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...