Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Potatoes

Hurrah! Ciara is alive as is Megan. Dee is somewhere between Ireland and Argentina at the minute whereas I am still here in lovely England, working 16 hour days and not having any time to have a life.
Big quick update as we are expecting 190 children to leave today and 100 to arrive.

1/ Harry Potter in 3D last night. I have been right about Neville Longbottom all these years and only now do people listen. A dignified tear was shed. Unlike my friend who had her hanky out. Regardless, R.I.P my childhood.



2/ Haven't been paid yet so that means I maaaayyy have started a tab in the local pub where they call me "Sarah The Hat" as I have a tendency of forgetting my hats there after a few drinks.

3/Pork Scratchings. Ew.Ew.Ew.Yum.

4/Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Craic galooooorrreeee. We had the option of using the gym but that's the least appealling thing in the world after running around all day.

5/ Cheltenham. Quite posh.

6/ Stowford Press. Oo-arrrrrrr.

7/ English summers are quite wet but we're getting a few rays at the moment so it's a sharp contrast from cold Argentina.

8/ My students. I love them. They've been a great class and we've had some cracking lessons. We've done our futuristic cities, listened to a bit of John Lennon and learnt about the Clash. Superheroes and comics tomorrow!

9/ Being Irish in a sea of English will always provoke "banter". Thus the nickname "potato" has been born.

10/ There ain't no meat like Argentinian meat but then again it has been nice to eat regular meals of normal sizes with the addition of the magical properties of vegetables. Never shall I take the idea of a carrot for granted again. Also TWO desserts a day!


I only have about 3 weeks left here and there's plenty of banter with the 30-strong staff but I'm looking forward to putting on the brakes once I get home though that is not going to happen. I've Vienna modules to choose and Final Year Project worries on my mind as well as my Argentina Co-Op report to write.

BUT my brother and I were both accepted as volunteers for ELECTRIC PICNIC 2011!!!


One of Ireland's best festivals, with my recently-turned-18-year-old-brother, for 4 days, together, having the time and getting to see amazing bands for free. My highlights so far are Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers, Sharon Shannon, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Foster the People, British India, Rubberbandits, Pulp, Beirut, Lykke Li, Midlake, Warpaint, O Emperor, Gemma Hayes and Best Coast.

And that's my life at the moment in a nutshell. I want to hear more about Huntington and Cork, bitte bitte bitte!
S

1 comment:

  1. nice, that festival sounds awesome! have fun volunteering! I'd love to do that someday

    cheers,
    --Megan//The Martian Tide

    ReplyDelete

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...