Saturday, June 18, 2011

The News In Brief

I'm still up the walls here and none of girls have time to write seeing as they are having the time while I am still in my town working so much, I forget I am in South America. So the big "WOO, look at my South American adventures" posts will have to wait a little longer. 
Until
 then, here's the news in brief.

I am listening to;
Grouplove
My brother kindly showed me the gem that is Grouplove who sound like a big mix of Neil Young, Arcade Fire and Grizzly Bear. Have also inspired me to buy coloured feathers.



I am reading this;
One of my New Year Resolutions was to get back into reading. I have just finished "The Life of Pi" and I'm ploughing my way through this "modern classic". Next on my list is "Love in the Time of Cholera".



I want to say;
It's Megan's birthday today! HUURRAAAAAHH! I wish I could have figured out Argentinian post offices [I haven't seen a single one] to send her something but dear Megan, I'll buy you something here! I swears! I hope you are enjoying France [impossible not to] but lots of South American loooooooooveee.

I want to wear this;        
Modcloth.com; $99.99
All into the tribal markings at the moment.


I am wearing these;
Glass ring; €1.50 - Recoleta Market, Buenos Aires.
Silver plated ring; €5.00 - Bellavista Market, Santiago.

Funny freckles - Genetics.

I am quite enjoying this;
It's how I imagine me and my sister to be in a few years time.

This time last week I was here;
Parque de la Costa, Buenos Aires. Me, Lucy and Ciara spent the weekend in BA as a break from work and went to a theme park outside of the city. I went on my first roller-coaster. My face nearly came off. Terrifying but exhilarating. The swings were my favourite part.


This time fortnight I will be;
In Buenos Aires once again. I will have finished my placement here in Santa Fe in 2 weeks and shall be on my way to Buenos Aires for a final 4 days down under. I hope to hit Recoleta Market once again and go to a Copa America football match between Brazil and Venezula. It;s a hard life I lead really.


This time three weeks I will be;
AT HOME! For exactly a sweet, glorious 42 hours before I up and leave and go to...


In one month's time, I will be;
In the stunning, quaint county of Gloucestershire, England! I've been accepted once again as an EFL Teacher/Activity Leader in a boarding school/summer camp near Bristol for 5 weeks. I worked in England last summer doing the same thing and taught over 200 kids in the most intense enjoyable environments. Being paid for something I love and trips to London, Bath and Bristol included. Hurrah!

The end.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...