Monday, May 2, 2011

yawl by the sea



First off:“Totalitarian states aspire to absolute control of all media of mass- communication in an attempt to control the opinions of the masses.” Discuss the relevance of this statement, making reference in your answer to the role of cinema in Germany between 1933 and 1945. 

I'm short about 400 words. Sort that, please. and thanks. It's in for Thursday.  And secondly:

I knock where I'm from an awful lot...pretty much the whole time. But with the recent sun and procrastination I've noticed some pleasantries about it. It's quite pretty, and its got a nice history about it. Although Walter Raleigh wasn't necessarily a nice guy..I mean he brought tobacco to Ireland, poor call really, but he's also known for bringing potatoes. Apparently. I'm not so sure of how much I believe that one...And Moby Dick was filmed here so it's got a bit of depth and story about it, and that should be appreciated. It also has a ridiculously long beach (remember walking it Dee?...that was the last time I did that.)

SO in the spirit of my new found (appreciation seems too strong a word?)tolerance, maybe...of yawl I want to send on some yawl love through the snail mail world. Dee and Sarah particularly...seeing as ye're on the other side of the world. But every opportunity to get my letter writing on will be taken advantage of so address me up! 

garnishwiththebizarre[at]gmail[dot]com

c x

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...