Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SPECS APPEAL

It was my grandmothers 70th birthday yesterday so she had a little shindig at her house. Bit of cake, bit of a singsong, the usual. After a while I noticed that one of my little cousins was playing and talking to everyone but me. I mentioned it to my aunt because frankly, I was pissed. Well, as pissed as you can be with an adorable one year old. Anyway, after telling her about the rancorous hatred my baby cousin hath held me my aunt replied “it’s probably your glasses, try taking off your glasses”. So I took off the specs and sure enough, within minutes the little one was my biggest fan for the remainder of the evening! I can’t believe she was afraid of my glasses.

We bespectacled folk have it tough. Not only do we have to deal with the “four eyes” thing that every glasses wearer gets at least once in their lives- now, on top of it all, I discover that young children are afraid of us! We must not let this get us down though, oh no! I say EMBRACE THE GLASSES. Love them, take care of them and wear them with pride. I like my glasses quite a bit. They’re two toned and the optician smirked after telling me to "try these ones on tfo the laugh" but pffft, I don’t care. Heck, people are buying glasses with no lenses in them these days because they want to be cool, like us. They’ll have a hard time finding two toned ones, I’m telling you! These babies are one of a kind. Here’s a drawing for you of myopic me.


Also, I’ve used my mad computer skillz to make a sort of collage of some famous people who wear glasses, to make us feel good about ourselves.



That’s all folks. :)


Whatever, I don't even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...