Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Break a Leg


Unfortunately, I have no choice but to write my first blog entry about pain, sadness and misfortune. Note that the following MAY be exaggerated just a weeeeee bit...(but not that much)

So, about a week ago I was moving furniture around my room which I have recently wallpapered...well, watched my dad wallpaper. woo

Check it out.





Anyway, I was moving my awfully bulky bed when BAM!! it falls on my poor, poor little foot. The pain was EXCRUTIATING. Now, I’m a bad patient so while the pain was excruciating for me it would have probably been significantly less painful for any other normal person. This is a representation of what my expression might have looked like upon impact.

ouch


So, a week later...my foot is still sore. If I even barely touch the part that the bed fell on my toes go apeshit…like a spasm or something. I’m quite worried. I’ve looked online and have come to the conclusion that it is, in fact, a metatarsal fracture. (but might not be) I can walk fairly okay, it’s just uncomfortable so I’ve delayed going to the doctors because I’m afraid of doctors and hospitals etc.

Anyway, don’t worry too much about me, readers. I’m sure thousands of you are already putting together packages of gifts and chocolates and little teddy bears holding hearts and stuff, but really there is no need.

After an awkward conversation with the doctors secretary I’ve made an appointment (eep!) for Thursday morning. Here’s a transcript of the conversation:

Secretary: Hello, Student Health, can you hold?
Me: Yeah
*TERRIFIC SILENCE*
S: How can I help you?
M: I wanted to make an appointment with the doctor for Thursday please?
S: Only the nurse is available on Thursday.
M: okay, it’s just that I think my foot may be broken, will the nurse be able to refer me to the hospital if it is?
*PAUSE*
S: um…don’t you think that if your foot is broken you might want to come in right away?
M: Well, it’s grand like, it might just be sprained or something…
S: um…okay…well if it’s broken she’ll send you to the hospital. What about Thursday at 10?
M: okay

Then she asked for my details and stuff and hung up.

Whatever, I don’t even care.

P.S I’ll let you know how I got on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...