Monday, September 1, 2014

The 1st of September

Big congratulations to Sarah on graduating top of the class!! You looked fab. Hope you had a lovely day.

It's the first of September and I can't believe it. I had a great summer, but oh my god, it has flown by. I'm about to start my Masters of Education and I couldn't be happier. I applied (just about) back in June. The closing date for applications was the day after my birthday, and being the disorganised lump that I am, I left everything to the last minute...application form, references, academic transcripts, the whole sha-bang. Myself, Sarah and Dee, along with a few other old faithfuls went out for my birthday and we drank an awful lot. Alison told me a few days before my birthday that she would be "taking it easy" because of a very important meeting in college the following day. Fast forward forty-eight hours, a couple of bottles of wine, a few shots of tequila and countless cigarettes to this photo:


A Happy Birthday indeed! Met a lovely German/Cork man. Success.




Anywaaaay, the next morning we were ALL dying. We were feeling very sorry for ourselves. I mentioned to the girls when the closing date was for the applications. "Megan, we are going to get that application sent away today if it's the last thing we do. BY GOD WE WILL", they shouted in unison, arms flailing about in the air, or something like that. With that we stuffed sausage sandwiches into our faces as fast as we could and set off. We went to work for a reference, to UCC for my transcripts, to Snap to photocopy everything a million times, home to print everything else off and made it to the post office with about 10 minutes to spare. (Just an aside, express post is expensive.) And there you have it, if it wasn't for Dee and Sarah I would be...dead probably (that hangover was unmerciful)...and not about to start my masters.

In other news, Harvey got neutered on Friday, the poor sod. He wouldn't look me in the eye all day after I collected him from the vet. He would have been a great father dog, but alas, it was the responsible thing to do. He's forgiven me since, and we had cuddles this morning.


Speaking of Harvey, he's been asleep on my lap the entire time I've been writing this. He loves sleeping when I'm on my laptop, I think he might like the sound of the fan on it or something. Look how cute he is:




I woke him up for an extra level of cuteness:


Can I get an AWWWWWWHHHHHH....?

Also, I've started drinking coffee. Myself and Dee went to the farmer's market in Wilton two Tuesdays ago and I had a mocha there. I've had a coffee every day since then and I'm enjoying it more and more as the days go on. I hope to be a full fledged coffee drinker by the end of September. I also hope to take up latte art.

My first mocha

Current favourite foods are: Hallumi, Lazycake and courgettes
Current favourite drink: Toro Loco Rosé (aldi) and coffee
Reading: A Room with a View by E.M Forster and How to Be a Brilliant Trainee Teacher by Trevor Wright

bye for now
meg xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...