Saturday, May 31, 2014

ha!


Have you seen Frances Ha? It's popped up on my Netflix suggestions for quite a while now and until tonight, I hadn't paid much attention to it. I didn't hear about it in the cinema (was it even in the cinema?) I hadn't heard any reviews, I wasn't keen on the synopsis. So I watch it anyway.

Frances is 27, older than I am but I feel some 20's kindred feelings with her. Some of the film is dreamy and cliché- dancer in NYC trying to make ends meet, artist friends who can afford to hire a cleaner... the usual. My deep rooted love for Lena Dunham definitely influenced the fondness I had for this film. It has a sense of Dunham throughout and Adam Driver's in it, come on, what's not to love.

It's got a really great script. I'd definitely say, or have said at least one of these:



 And the soundtrack cannot be beaten- Bowie, Hot Chocolate and a generous splash of pop-y French jazz(-y). (Correct me if I'm wrong here.)




Also, Greta Gerwig is a babe and is so worth watching in black and white. Did I mention it's all in black and white? Bit of a mind game initially because it's not 'The Artist' and it's not from the 40's, nor does it try to be.



I'm not attempting a review, I just want everyone everywhere to go and watch it now. Immediately.

c
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...