Thursday, March 29, 2012

Singin' In the Rain



I am about to watch "Singin' in the Rain" again, a film we all know about but how many people have actually sat down and watched it? I wish they made movies like this nowadays. It has singing, dancing of all descriptions, gentlemen, humour, romance and a wholesomeness you just don't see very often now. Made in 1952, it was, in my opinion, one of the last great films that held a bit of class about it. By the mid 60's, it was all sliding down-hill.
Gene Kelly was one cool (and very dashing) guy to boot. That one scene never fails to leave a smile on my face and has inspired some pretty energetic performances in the privacy of my room. You may also witness these performances in public places if you have made the mistake of handing me an umbrella. 
It is my opinion that all actors should have the ability to dance and sing like Gene Kelly does as you'll see above. This is talent. Don't you agree?


S

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far."
Swami Vivekananda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...